Friday, January 21, 2011

The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci (Donna)





The Last Supper (Italian: Il Cenacolo or L'Ultima Cena) is a 15th century mural painting in Milan created by Leonardo da Vinci for his patron Duke Ludovico Sforza and his duchess Beatrice d'Este. It represents the scene of The Last Supper from the final days of Jesus as narrated in the Gospel of John 13:21, when Jesus announces that one of his Twelve Apostles would betray him.
Leonardo da Vinci painted The Last Supper on a dry wall rather than on wet plaster, so it is not a true fresco. Because a fresco cannot be modified as the artist works, Leonardo instead chose to seal the stone wall with a layer of pitch, gesso and mastic, then paint onto the sealing layer with tempera. Because of the method used, the piece began to deteriorate a few years after Leonardo finished it.
Two early copies of The Last Supper are known to exist, presumably the work of Leonardo's assistant. The copies are almost the size of the original, and have survived with a wealth of original detail still intact.

Our Interpretation

As we wanted to include different slices of life in our interpretation of the brief, we decided to re-create the last supper but in terms of a business meeting.  It was quite difficult to arrange as lots of people were needed to bring this together, including someone who looks like Jesus (who is portrayed by my friend Dan, who also grew his goatee into a beard especially!).  On the day i brought 2 cars of people to college and other members of the team brought people in too, we arranged the room so the tables were parallel to the windows and posed the models so they were in similar groupings and poses to the original paintings.

I did shoot this with studio lights originally,  but even with softboxes/umbrellas it still cast a shadow on the blinds behind them and took away from the image, so i ended up shooting with just the ambient light from the room, which, although noisier on the image itself, looked much more pleasing to the eye.


This is the contact sheet for the shoot itself, you can see that i didnt take too many shots overall on the day because once the lighting and poses were perfected, it was just getting the shot that got all of the details in it.

Here you can see the unedited image (top) and the corrected image (bottom).  The original image had quite a lot of lens distortion as I was using my widest angle (24mm) so i used lightroom and its lens correction tools to get the image as perfectly straight as possible.  i also cropped the image down to make it more of a panorama to further emulate the original image.


Here is the final image with the Bloomberg logo attached.  I gave the photo a slight vintage tint in lightroom and adjusted the white balance to warm it up.

I think this shot worked especially well, its very obvious what the photograph is mimiking, thanks to the posing and composition and is exactly what we wanted to achieve when we shot this image.






1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete