Monday, January 24, 2011

The Process; Russell

When thinking of ideas for this group brief my main contribution was the location element to the photographs. It had already been decided that we would re-create famous artwork, my contribution to this was the idea of shooting in different locations. I thought of this after I had seen a set of photographs by Chinese photographer Ou Zhihang. He had taken a set of self-portraits in locations of topical significance. In the photographs he was naked doing press-ups. The set of photographs (below) received an 'honorable mention' in the World Press Photo 2010 awards.
This image is again an example of doing something that doesn't entirely match what your doing but draws peoples eye and so attracts attention hence making it relevant.

As a group we decided we would re-create 5 pieces of art. Those being The Thinker, The Mona Lisa, American Gothic, The Dancer and The Last Supper. The Thinker being the stand out one as this is a sculpture which represents Knowledge, One of the key things that Bloomberg as a company stands for.

I attended 3 photoshoots for this brief. Two as a photographer (The Thinker & American Gothic) and One as a model (The Last Supper). We decided to split the shoots and send each other, each others images and edit them to see who came up with the best ones.

Below is my shot; which I sent to the rest of the group, from The Thinker photoshoot.The model for this shoot was a man called Jon Walsh, a friend of Joannes. I decided to go for a tighter crop so to emphasize both the pose of the model and the model him self. I felt by doing this it would focus the viewers eyes on what is the focal point of the image. I liked my end product but both me and the rest of the group felt it wasn't bright enough for the brief.

This is my edit of the image including the logo.

My other shoot I was involved in was the American Gothic shoot (below).The models involved were, Joannes mum and a man known as 'Raving Pete' around Accrington. We saw Pete as an ideal man for this shoot due to his flamboyant dress sense. How he is dressed in this photograph is how he dresses normally.Above is my edit containing the Bloomberg Logo.


Above is my edit of the Last Supper shoot. This is a shoot I was invloved in. We decided dress in business wear so to reflect the corporate image of Bloomberg. I then added the logo to the image (below).


The final Image that I edited was a photograph which I was not involved in the shoot on. It was The Mona Lisa.


Using lightroom I cropped the top off this image so make the frame look more like the original painting; format wise. I think this was successful as it has helped to focus the attention on the subject.


This is my final edit of the Mona Lisa after I had added the logo.




No comments:

Post a Comment